Thursday, June 5, 2008

day 4 reading

Teacher Helpers by Kathleen Schrock

This is a great resource for teachers who are either getting started with WebQuests. There are links to example and tutorials, and a real well rounded explanation for WebQuests. What I didn't know about was that there are different types of WebQuests. I have thought more in terms of the long-term WebQuest, but there is also a short-term version that focuses on facing the always daunting files of information facing students when they get on the Web. Students desperately need to know how to navigate information and pull out important facts, main ideas, and the supporting details that support them.

2 comments:

ann-marie said...

Here a couple of sites on webquests that I use and love. They are broken down by grades and subjects.

bestwebquests.com

webquest.org

emints.org

Enjoy!!!

shadley said...

I haven't used a webquest in my classroom, but I can't wait to try it out next year. So much of the time students just answer questions and webquests make the students have to choose a route and support it.